There are plenty of ways that you can improve your performance on the golf course and lower your scores, but how do you track your stats and study your moves in order to help you understand where you need improvement?
Golf swing analyzers are the latest technology trend to hit the golf market. They are great tools to use to track your stats and to better understand your swing habits in order to improve.
With this post, you will find the best golf swing analyzers that we have seen in 2017, and identify what the pros and cons are of each product.
Using these tools will help you better understand how you play and you will be on the path to lower scores!
Different types of golf swing analyzers
Before choosing a golf swing analyzer there are a few different characteristics to consider:
- Swing metrics: This is the main reason people like golf swing analyzers because they give you detailed insights such as club head speed, swing plane, hand path, tempo, back swing position, hip rotation and more. All of this information goes straight to your smartphone where you are then able to swing what needs work. This info is super important if a golfer wants to improve different aspects of their game.
- All of this information goes straight to your smartphone where you are then able to figure what area of your swing needs work. This info is super important if a golfer wants to improve different aspects of their game.
- GPS tracking with GPS tracking you are able to view a map of the course and look at each individual shot you took. This will allow you to go back and look at what you did right and wrong when you took that shot. This is a great way to change your strategy on how you play the course. Not all golf swing analyzers have this feature. If you would like this feature take a look at number 1,3 on our list
- Number of sensors. Having only one sensor limits you to being able to track one golf club at a time. You must move it around each time you want feedback from a new club
- Having a sensor on each allow you to be able to track data from all of your clubs without the pain of changing things between your round. You may want to look into having a sensor on each of your clubs. View number 1 and number 3 on our list.
- Location of placement. Where do you want to attach the device?
- On your golf glove view number 5 and 9
- On the bottom of the grip view number 1, 2, 3,6,8 on the list
- Onto the shaft of your club view number 4,
- It’s all personal preference when choosing where to place the analyzer
Those are some of the characteristic to consider when making your selection of a golf swing analyzer, each golfer is different and prefers their own way of tracking their swing.
It may be a good idea to head over to golf training facility and test some analyzers to see if you enjoy using theses devices before making your final decision on purchasing your own. With so many analyzers to choose from, you can get a better understanding of which one is right for you.
[table id=6 /]
Top recommend golf swing analyzers reviews
If you are looking for the all around GPS and swing analyzer to get data from all 14 clubs this is for you!
13 sensors that attach to the grip of your club they track all the key data without having to interfere with another device. Simply pair the sensors with your smartphone and you are ready to play and track your swing.
It will track every shot, your distances and create a bird’s eye view map of your shots so you can see where you need to improve.
- 13 sensors for all of your clubs to track every movement you make
- Easily attach the sensors to your grips and swing away
- Easy to use and keep track of all your data on your smartphone
- There have been instances where golfers have lost the sensor on the grip.
The perfect all around golf swing analyzer for all 14 clubs!
Similar to the arccos tracking system the 3bays attaches to the grip of your clubs. It is the worlds most advanced analyzer with over 10,000 data points provideing instant feedback to your smartphone.
Its a plug and play system that is a breeze to setup and get going. It captures importants stats like club head speed, face angle, tempo. swing path, impact, and consistency.
Great for any skills level it is super responsive and gives you the important metrics you are looking for in order to get better.
- Connects to your smartphone flawlessly
- Gives you data like tempo, club head speed, impact force, swing path and other vital swin metrics
- Lightest and most advanced analyzer
- Only includes one sensor, if you want data from all your clubs you have to consistently change the sensor around
- Only works on iOS devices
With Game tracking you get to understand your golf game at an overall level. Track your distances, see key stats like fairways hit, greens in regulation, how many putts. The game gives you useful information about the various aspects of your game.
- 14 Sensors for each of your clubs
- Tracks every shot you take, you are able to see a map of every shot you took
- Easy to pair with your smartphone
- A problem I see with the game tracking system is that you must carry the main sensor on your belt, and tap the sensors of your club to it every swing you make.
Features like GPS and key swing metrics see your overall performance on the course
Made for the golfer who is looking to improve their ball striking this analyzer has you covered if you want to know more about the key areas of your swing.
Face angle, club path, attack angle. swing speed, impact, rotation and much more data straight to your phone.
This data is important if you are looking to really improve and work on the mechanics of the swing.
- Get detailed analysis of your swing
- Perfect for the golfer who want to work on swing mechanics
- simple to use and synch with your smartphone
- you are only getting one sensor
- You are not going to get other features such as GPS and scores
Unlock the secrets you were looking for in your swing!
Track club head speed, swing plane, hand path, tempo, backswing position, hip rotation and more. Get training and drills within the app
Easily attaches to your golf glove get all your stats on your phone in a beautiful easy to use user interface.
- Packed with different data you can track
- easily attaches to your glove and sync to your smartphone
- If you don’t like using gloves you won’t be able to use this analyzer
- May not be 100% accurate
The zepp golf does a pretty good job compared to other swing analyzers that can cost thousands.
Good tool to measure your stats and compare your swings. The app does provide training and drills you can complete to improve your game.
Lightweight, completely wireless, and a battery lasts 2-3 weeks! View your swing in video and slow it down to see exactly what you are doing.
You get one motion sensor that installs to the grip of your clubs. All of your important data is tracked to your phone.
Since its so small you will need a grip accessory that attaches to your club.
- track important metrics such as your putter backstrokes, tempo. loft and so much more.
- View your swing in video and slow the footage down to see what you need to improve on
- You only get one sensor
- Can be used with your putter and get key insights on your stroke
There are many different types of analyzers I covered, swing metrics, GPS tracking, number of sensors and location of placement. It is now your turn to choose one of these products yourself and see if it is the right fit for you.Using these these tools is a great investment to get you on the right path of helping you better understand how you play and you will be on your way to lower scores!